EMDR Therapy & Intensives
Are you struggling with the lingering effects of past trauma? Do you find yourself feeling anxious, depressed, or stuck in negative patterns? It's time to break free from the chains that hold you back and embark on a transformative journey towards healing through EMDR Therapy with Kim Small, LCSW
The weight of trauma can be overwhelming, affecting every aspect of your life. It may feel like a constant shadow, impeding your ability to experience joy, maintain healthy relationships, or reach your full potential. But there is hope. At Healing Insight LLC, we are here to guide you on a path of recovery and empowerment using an evidence-based therapy called Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Understanding EMDR Therapy
EMDR is a powerful therapeutic approach that has helped countless individuals overcome the impact of trauma and find inner peace.
What is EMDR and how does it work?
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a specialized therapy that targets traumatic memories and associated negative beliefs, allowing you to update old story lines with more adaptive beliefs about yourself, others, and the world.
It combines elements of cognitive therapy, exposure therapy, and bilateral stimulation to facilitate the change. During an EMDR session, a trained therapist guides you through bilateral stimulation techniques, such as eye movements or tapping, to stimulate both hemispheres of the brain. This process helps to alleviate emotional distress and foster adaptive insights and healing.
Issues EMDR can Help with
- Trauma: EMDR has proven to be highly effective in treating trauma-related disorders, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), childhood abuse, accidents, or combat trauma. It helps to desensitize the emotional charge associated with traumatic memories, allowing for their integration into a healthier narrative. Performance Challenges: EMDR can benefit individuals who struggle with performance challenges, such as athletes, artists, or professionals experiencing performance anxiety or blocks. By addressing the root causes of these challenges, EMDR enhances self-confidence, focus, and the ability to perform at one’s best
- Anxiety and Depression: EMDR offers relief to those burdened by anxiety and depression. By targeting the underlying traumatic experiences that contribute to these conditions, EMDR helps reduce distress, reframe negative beliefs, and cultivate a more positive outlook on life.
- Somatic Issues: EMDR recognizes the mind-body connection and its impact on overall well-being. It can be effective in addressing somatic issues, including chronic pain, psychosomatic symptoms, and physical manifestations of unresolved trauma.
EMDR Therapy for Diverse Communities and Professions
- First Responders: EMDR offers invaluable support to first responders, who often face traumatic experiences in the line of duty. It helps process critical incidents, reduce the impact of vicarious trauma, and promote resilience.
- BIPOC and LGBTQIA+: EMDR provides a safe and inclusive space for individuals from marginalized communities. It recognizes the unique challenges faced by BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ individuals and helps heal the wounds of discrimination, racism, and homophobia.
- Therapists Exposed to Vicarious Trauma: Mental health professionals who witness their clients’ trauma may experience vicarious trauma themselves. EMDR offers therapists a means to process these experiences, prevent burnout, and cultivate self-care.
- Birth Trauma and Preverbal Memories: EMDR can address birth trauma experienced by both mothers and babies. It also has the unique ability to access and heal preverbal memories, unlocking deep-rooted traumas that may have been previously inaccessible.
- Specific Trauma
- Anxiety Disorders
- Workplace Stress
- Childhood Trauma
- Relationship Issues
- Sleep Disturbances
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Performance & Travel Anxiety
- Diminishes emotional charge from traumatic memories.
- Enhances coping mechanisms for traumatic stress.
- Fosters resilience and emotional healing.
EMDR for Anxiety Disorders
- Reduces anxiety triggers and physiological responses.
- Promotes relaxation and stress management techniques.
- Builds confidence in handling anxiety-provoking situations.
Workplace Stress and Anxiety
- Alleviates stress responses linked to work environments.
- Increases resilience against professional pressures.
- Improves focus and emotional regulation in workplace settings.
- Processes and neutralizes childhood trauma impacts.
- Reshapes negative beliefs formed in early years.
- Restores a sense of safety and emotional balance.
- Helps heal emotional wounds from relationship troubles.
- Rebuilds trust and self-worth post-relationship.
- Provides strategies for healthier future relationships.
- Reduces nightmares and trauma-related sleep issues.
- Improves overall sleep quality and relaxation.
- Breaks the cycle of stress affecting sleep patterns.
- Positively alters self-perception and internal dialogue.
- Increases feelings of self-worth and competence.
- Reduces self-criticism and enhances self-acceptance.
Performance & Travel Anxiety
- Decreases fear and anxiety in performance situations.
- Mitigates travel-related anxieties and phobias.
- Enhances calmness and focus in stressful scenarios.
Q: Is EMDR therapy effective for everyone?
A: While EMDR has shown significant effectiveness in treating a wide range of mental health issues, it is important to assess your unique needs during an initial consultation. During your consultation, we will determine if EMDR is the right fit for you and discuss alternative therapies if needed.
Q: Will EMDR therapy retraumatize me?
The EMDR process is specifically designed to minimize the risk of re-traumatization. We provide a comprehensive assessment to learn about your experiences and potential difficult or potentially “sticky” areas that are higher risk for retraumatization. Then through a process called resourcing we support you with developing the tools and skills needed to navigate processing. We create a safe and supportive environment and monitor affect throughout processing to help you stay within your “window of tolerance”. Finally, we provide follow up and after care to help your transition into the rest of your day. Ultimately, EMDR aims to reprocess traumatic memories in a controlled and empowering way, leading to healing and resolution.
Q: How long does EMDR therapy take to see results?
A: The duration of EMDR therapy varies depending on individual circumstances. While some clients may experience significant improvements in a few sessions, others may require more time. This depends on the nature of your goals and experiences. In general, specific, recent experiences will see faster results than generalized concerns with roots in repeated childhood experiences. We work collaboratively with you to develop a personalized treatment plan and set realistic expectations for your healing journey.
Q: WHAT IS THE COST PER SESSION?
These are the self-pay rates for sessions.
- Intake Assessment (60 minutes) – New clients start here $150
- Individual session (50 minutes) $150
- EMDR session (50-60 minutes) $225
- Extended EMDR session (85 minutes) $325
- EMDR intensives (4.5 hrs) (1 50 -60 minute + 1 3 hr intensive + 15 minute follow ups) = $700
- EMDR Intensives Package (13 hrs) (Intake + 3-3hr intensives + 15 minute follow up calls between intensives + 1-2 Follow up 50-60 minute session) = $1800
Self-pay clients have the right to a “Good Faith Estimate” of costs for out of pocket services. We also have a limited number of sliding scale (reduced fee based on income) options available upon request. If you plan to use insurance for sessions, the actual price you pay (often called the client responsibility) ranges from $0 to the full self-pay fee for each sessions. It all depends on your specific coverage.
Q: DO YOU ACCEPT MY INSURANCE?
A: Healing Insight LLC is currently an In-Network Provider for the following insurance companies:
- United Healthcare
- United Medical Resources (UMR)
- Cigna HMO & PPO
- Out of network benefits*
Please note. We do not accept insurance for EMDR intensives at this time
Begin your Journey of Healing:
Contact Us today
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled therapists. Take the first step towards healing, empowerment, and a brighter future. Together, we can unlock your potential and help you find the peace and happiness you deserve.
Here at Healing Insight therapy and Wellness Collective we specialize in virtual anxiety therapy tailored to your unique needs. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, anxious, or stuck in a cycle of worry, we’re here to guide you on a transformative journey toward inner peace and well-being. Our compassionate and culturally sensitive approach combines evidence-based therapeutic techniques, including CBT, mindfulness, EMDR, somatic approaches, Internal Family Systems, and DBT, to empower you to navigate anxiety and reclaim your life.